Because SAFETY is our main consideration before the season begins there are a few points that will need to be considered by you to ensure the safe operation of helicopters on your property.
1. Please place HELiPRO on standby as soon as you are aware that there may be a frost.
2. All helicopter bookings must be confirmed by 3pm. Helicopters will not be positioned in the dark.
3. Comfortable accommodation for the pilot will need to be organised with 1 pilot per room essential. We will have additional crew travelling with the pilot from time to time and will discuss these requirements where necessary.
4. The pilot is only to be woken when flying is to begin.
5. The helipad where the aircraft will be parked and refuelled from will need to be lit constantly while the helicopter is working. A rotating or flashing light is also required if the helicopter is working away from the landing site.
6. Maps of the blocks to be flown shall be provided to the pilot. These are to include Hazards such as wires, trees, buildings, etc...
7. The boundary of the block is to be marked with flashing lights. Red or white LED bicycle lights are fine as long as they are bright enough.
The night before frost - AS355 at Marlborough.