HELiPRO pilots can be considered the most experienced at fire fighting in New Zealand.
The 2002-2005 fire seasons alone saw HELiPRO deliver in excess of 800 million litres of water/foam mix on fires in Australia and New Zealand.
HELiPRO fire fighting helicopters are:
- Eurocopter BK117 x 6 with 1200 litre bucket
- AS355 Twin Squirrel x 2 with 900 litre bucket
- AS350 Squirrel x 3 with 700 litre bucket
- Bell 206 x 1 with 500 litre bucket
- Hughes 500 x 1 with 400 litre bucket
All helicopters are equipped with collapsible Firestorm Fire Buckets for easy transportation and C-Dax foaming units.
They arrive ready to work with foam, ground to air communications, experienced ground crew and on site refuelling.
Helicopters and crew are on 24 hour fire standby during the summer.